Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sewing For A Cause

It's so much fun having a small child to sew for. I'm not sure why it is so fun to sew for wee ones, they grow up and out so quickly! I guess it's just that tiny things seem cuter.
I am so lucky to have had three children of my own and now this amazing grandson.  There are others for whom this has not happened. Fortunately, there are opportunities out there for adoption. Unfortunately, adoption is very expensive. Fortunately, there are people out there who see a need and do something about it. One of these groups is called Sacred Selections. Several times a year they have fundraisers to help families pay for adoptions. They help people find ways to raise money for themselves, and they also counsel these couples, who want to be parents so very much, through the process.
When my mom and sister told me they were donating items for an auction, I asked if I could take part and donate too. These bags are a couple of the things I sent. Hopefully they will be a little helpful in someone reaching their goal. I had fun making them. I thought of when I was expecting my children and the lovely anticipation  that went along with that time in my life, hoping that soon those waiting for children will realize their dream.


Each bag holds two shopping bags and has a detachable wrist strap for carrying or keys or both!

12 comments:

  1. GENIUS!!!!! Plus, it's for a really great cause. I know my parents wanted to adopt another kid once, but had to change their mind because of the cost. It was really expensive and they already had 4 of us. I always wonder what it would have been like to have another sibling.

    Miss you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! Leave it to you to come up with something so darling and practical. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written! And you don't think you are a good writter? Open your eyes, you are good! Now, get busy on those descriptions including the quilt and purse. They don't have to be long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely and so useful. Wouldn't they be great for holidays or weekends away? You could put the whole kit in your case and when you went out you could pop some money and essentials in the pouch and pop it in the bag ready for some goodies shopping ;-) - the fabric is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice corinnea:) and you used a favorite fabric of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful cause to donate to! I love the wristlet idea. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That IS a great cause.Tell us more about the auction, when, where and what others can do to help.
    P.S. Your creations always have your distinctive look about them- understated,restrained, attention to little details, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love them! The brown/blue set is definitely my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, these are great! Such a wonderful cause to support...you have such a beautiful big heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely, wonderful idea! This is sooo sweet - and your bags are fabulous! Love your logo, by the way ;-)) Helping a childless couple this way is so thoughtful - WOW !

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!