Thursday, February 23, 2012

Swiss Dot Love

I found this lovely Swiss dot at Joann's a few weeks back. I couldn't wait to show it to Jessica and I really hoped that it was something she'd like for Isabella. Thank goodness she did or I might have cried. I let her choose the pattern, McCalls 4424 and then added my own touches.
I almost decided to drive myself crazy and match the side seams but  then decided not to. I did trim the bottom in a black batiste. I think it adds a bit of sophistication. 
Can a baby be sophisticated?
The bodice is lined with white Kona cotton. Finding two matt black buttons the right size made me very happy.
There is a very cute pair of bloomers to match.
Under no circumstances do I want to rush this baby, but I will really enjoy it when she is here and I can see her in these dresses!

5 comments:

  1. As the mom of three boys...I'm so enjoying all the girlie stuff going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute Corinnea! swiss dot, batiste! Lovely:) Fun watching you create for this baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!!! If she didn't like the fabric you could have just made something for you. I love the look with the black band at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. I keep thinking I am going to sew for Gabby. I keep thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little polka dot dress, so cute. There is just something in dressing up little girls.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!