I really didn't think I'd get anything done in time. Life has just been busy that way....
Long story short, inexpensive seersucker-like fabric from Joann's, Simplicity 2936, and an idea.
Not sure it was a good idea, but it's wearable and that's what counts.
You know who thinks Brink should be in every picture.
I wanted to make sleeves that overlapped at the shoulders so re-cut two pieces on the bias. I decided to see what will happen to the raw hem of the sleeves. I also cut a not too ruffly ruffle for the neckline on the bias planning to leave that unfinished too.
Not sure I'll use the pattern again. It's basic but boxy. Too wide for me everywhere except the hip area.
It's not the pattern, it's me. I'm a pear.
I reversed the ruffle fabric to the "wrong" side because it made it pop a bit more with the backside having a more pronounced slightly shiny line.
I wore it all day. It felt comfortable and I think was adequately cute.