Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hard at work...

We should find out what baby uber is tomorrow morning... but I started this project Monday to get a head start just in case it's a boy (girl quilt will be the peacock one from last summer) And I am really glad I am done with the piecing because getting up and down from the floor just isn't comfortable anymore!

Uber picked the pattern (I gave him 3 options and this was his favorite) All the blues are different shirting material... which is much harder to find than you would think. My mum located almost all of it and finally just sent me some new men's shirts. Of course it would be better if you could use discards from your husbands wardrobe... but that wasn't a possibility for us... Uber didn't have anything that was worn out. Because of the lack of material I decided to do the alternating linen and shirting stripes.
I am pretty stoked with how it turned out (the picture being the wrong way is annoying!). It is a little quieter and mellow then I was really going for... but I am not done with it yet so we will see what I can do to liven it up.

Hopefully tomorrow we will finally know what it is so I can really start planning the room.
I already have a lot of girl stuff done. But at least this way I have a head start if it is a boy.


  1. I love it!! Can't wait for the news tomorrow and for your quilt to be done!!

  2. Oooh, I really like that! I was wondering what you were planning with the shirts! Very fun!

  3. I love it Jess. This is going to be a happy baby with all the wonderful things that mommie and g-ma and auntie can make...

  4. I love the linen with it! such a boy quilt!

  5. What a great idea! You are just so clever!


If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!