Monday, January 12, 2009

Bananas, Acorns and Pinecones

Pure Scrumptiousness let me tell you. This used to be a weekly item when Uber worked at a port in SoCal and got free bananas. Since moving to Florida not so much because it means I have to remember to buy them. Anyway I think I pretty much have this recipe down to perfection. It was originally my moms (I am not sure where she got it from) I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it... I pretty much throw what ever I want in once I am done following the recipe. Two of my favs are brown sugar and honey. Pecans to me are a given but since some people are allergic I often leave them out now.

Banana Bread
Yield: two loaf pans or one Bundt pan

3 ½ cups flour
1 ½ cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups mashed brown bananas (3-4 large)
2 eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla


Optional ingredients:
1 cup chopped pecans
¼ cup brown sugar

1-2 Tbsp honey

Preheat oven to 350°F
Heavily spray 2 loaf pans.
Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir until just blended. Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Cool 5 minutes then turn on rack to cool completely.


What's better than banana bread in a loaf? Banana bread in the shape of acorns that's what. I found this pan at Williams Sonoma after Christmas on SALE I had been eyeing it FOREVER and now am asking myself why I didn't get two?!?

one batch filled up three pans.

These puppies disapeared SO fast. It was actually rather scary considering I KNOW the dough makes two loafs....


Isn't it SO CUTE!

On to other cute things. I finally made some felt pinecones. I have seen them quite a few places and thought they were so cute. I am not sure I did them quite right but I am happy with them... now if I just knew what I am going to do with them... because I have a feeling there is going to be more!

5 comments:

  1. Those are the most delicious-looking acorns I have ever seen. Yum!!

    As for the felt pinecones, you could put red ribbons on them and give them away as Christmas ornaments next year...you know, attach them to presents with the "to" tag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely adorable! I LOVE the acorn banana bread...I love the fact that they are small. It's allows you to eat more with less calories! REALLY! Adie has has the right idea, used with the gift tags... or a bowl of them on a table in the fall...hanging on a wreath...give them as "just because" gifts for your moms friends... =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that recipe and I love love love the acorn pan!!!

    The pinecones are cute! I want to see them upclose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the bread in the acorn pan!!!!!!! It makes me HUNGRY!!! The pinecones are cute too. Christmas ornaments for next year's tree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum-O, I want some. Making me hungry...

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!