Sunday, January 8, 2012

Micah's 'big boy' Quilt

Remember this fabric? Well I finally had a yard of each design printed... let's not talk about how long ago! It took me a while but I finally decided I had to use it in a quilt... and since the time is fast approaching for Micah to move into a bigger bed twin seemed like a good way to go. So I started designing... because 3 yards doesn't go far in a twin size quilt. 
My original design was this--
Mom was kind enough to help me execute it (1 yard meant slight dimension changes on the blocks) and it turned out like this--

I kind of love it a LOT. It's quilted in variegated pearl cotton. 
Hopefully I will be showing it to you on his bed soon. Which we already ordered from JCPenneys at the beginning of December on crazy ridiculous clearance... it was exactly the style I had been looking for.  Now we just need to get all of the current guest bedroom furniture relocated to new homes...  We are officially half way through now so less then 20 weeks to get everything ready!

6 comments:

  1. The quilt is adorable and I love the last picture. Looks like he's playing peek-a-boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is that! It looks so cute and it must feel great to know that you designed everything about it - including the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and love that last shot of him just nipping out from doing an inspection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have some plans for hand quilting something for my husband with perle cotton, but I've been shying away from it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, I love baby quilts! Your animal fabric is awesome, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! Who says you can't make cool quilts for boys?!?

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!