Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Look what I did this morning

Other than my ability to put this on a hanger straight, I think it turned out well. This project has been waiting to be started since Ms. Horner's book came out. I am slow, but once I get started, watch out. It took 2 1/2 hours including the time I took to trace the pattern and cut the bias strips. I made it to display at the shop, hoping to inspire.
When I first saw the pattern in the book, I knew this was the fabric I would use. It's from her garden party line. The bias accents are kona cotton and the way they contrast with the fabric make them worth the time. I really like the way it turned out. Hmmmm, can I get a project done tomorrow?

9 comments:

  1. Aw man! That is so cute! LOVE the fabric! You've got the best fabrics ever for your stuff. But then if I could sew like you I'd invest in the better fabrics too!

    I think I'm inspired enough by you to attempt a baby blanket!

    So.... watcha doin' for tomorrow? ;-)

    Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so cute I think the green fabric totally makes it! What size did it end up being?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you dare get that Oliver + S dress done before me today! I only have my top cut out. You already know that i love this top. The fabric choice is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hellooo big pictures! Yay! I can see your stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that fabric... great use for it! the green accents are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this top, perfect fabric for it, you are now totally in first place for making the cutest stuff in the shortest amount of time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer!!!! I am so almost done with the dress!!!!

    Thanks to all for the nice comments on the shirt! I may make this big....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would so wear this if is was just a little bit bigger. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!